Studio and Lesson Policies
School Year 2021-22
Covid Update Aug 2021
- Weekly Lessons - In Person or Online: A weekly lesson appointment is reserved for the student from September 2021-June 2022 (34 lessons total). Available in 30, 45, or 60 minute lessons. Broken into a Fall semester (17 lessons) and Spring semester (17 lessons), with makeup lesson dates available at the end of each. View the Studio Calendar here.
- Tuition Payments: Billed by semester. Payable in 4 equal payments, or Semester in Full (Save 10%)
- Choose Payment Schedule: 1st or 15th of the each month.
- Fall Semester Payments: 1st or 15th of September, October, November, December
- Spring Semester Payments: 1st or 15th of February, March, April, May
- Cancellations: Each student is permitted 2 (two) Makeup Lessons per semester. The first makeup lesson is scheduled for your regular lesson time during the designated Makeup Week at the end of the semester. Students needing a second makeup lesson will be able to check availability two weeks before Makeup Week. Please note, that while a lesson may be cancelled with short notice, the number of makeups permitted will be limited to two. Any additional cancelled lessons, or "no shows" will not be rescheduled. A student may choose to discontinue lessons at any time with no further financial commitment, however any outstanding makeup lessons will be forfeited. No refunds or credits will be issued.
- Snow Days: School closings do not automatically mean the Studios are closed for the day. In the event of closing, we will notify students via text and email no later than noon Mon-Fri, and by 8pm Fri (for Sat lessons). Please make sure you have signed up to receive texts from us (check your Parent Portal contact settings) and add our email address to your safe list: email@example.com Students will be offered the opportunity to take their snow day lesson online instead, or schedule it for makeup week. Please note: Moving lessons online on snow days allows us to prevent a bad winter from slowing progress or stacking up makeup lessons.
- Teacher Cancellations: In the event a teacher needs to cancel a lesson, the lesson may be moved online instead (if possible), or a makeup/credit will be issued.
In-Person Lessons: Covid Protocol
- Masks & Social Distancing: Due to the fluid nature of the pandemic, we will continue to implement all recommendations and requirements set forth by the CDC and NYS Gov.
- Wind and Voice Students: A plastic screen will be placed between student and teacher, regardless of vaccination status.
- Piano Students: The piano keyboard is sanitized after each lesson. Students are asked to wash their hands or use sanitizer before starting their lesson.
- Moving Lessons Online: A student may request to move any in-person lesson to an online platform, no later than noon the day of their lesson (M-F) or by 8pm Fri for Sat morning lessons.
Online Lessons: Regularly weekly lesson appointments will take place on the online platform (usually, Zoom or Skype).
- Set-up: Make sure to set up in a place where you will be uninterrupted, with good lighting. Have your instrument and music, stand, etc. ready so you can start on time.
- Moving Lessons In-Person: A student may request to move any online lesson to in-person at our Studios, subject to teacher availability.